O.C. & A.G. (of D.I.T.C.) - Oasis 
Автор Сообщение
White Smoke Community

Сообщение O.C. & A.G. (of D.I.T.C.) - Oasis
Изображение

O.C. & A.G. (of D.I.T.C.) - Oasis
Два старых друга по легендарному проекту D.I.T.C. выпускают 27 октября 2009 года совместный альбом "Oasis". Хотя выход альбома могут и перенести, ведь он у них в разработке уже достаточно долго, но всё же надеюсь что ничего не изменится. За музыкальную часть будут отвечать свои люди: Show, DJ Premier, Lord Finesse, а также E. Blaze, and Statik Selektah. Надеюсь парни не подкачают и выпустят достойный альбом, почти уверен в этом. Альбом выйдет на лейбле Nature Sounds.

Пока трек-лист не известен, но вот один из треков, на который они уже сняли клип. Музыка от DJ Premier:

И ещё один трек с альбома, продакшен от Showbiz и Lord Finesse:

Интервью по поводу выхода альбома, для тех кто дружит с английским языком, переводчиками, а лучше перевочицами))))) :

Корреспондент: Let’s just jump things off by having y’all breakdown, for those that don’t already know, when and why O.C. and A.G. decided to start rockin’ together as a tag team?

A.G.: [Both O.C. and A.G. mischievously laugh] I guess it was always there, just never happened… We’ve always been around each other; we’ve always been making the music together, but just not as a separate project. And we always had strong ideas [like], “Yo, we should do a song like this next time we do a song.” And the [first] song we did like that was “Weed & Drinks” [from O.C.’s Bon Appetit [click to read] album in 2001], which we felt came out real dope. A lot of feedback from that was dope. And it showed the contrast of our styles [and] how if we meshed it together it could make a good sound. So we just went ahead and did a album. At first it started out as we just wanna do it for fun, we just wanna make it sound dope. But as it get better and more people add their production to it, the idea becomes bigger.
O.C.: Basically what he said.
A.G.: [Laughs] You gon’ get a lot of that ‘cause we know how to speak for each other.

O.C.: I mean [working together] was just something that was bound to happen because A is always on the road, I’m always on the road. We like probably the main emcees in [D.I.T.C. still out there] as far as like Big L not bein’ [here], [Lord Finesse] is more concentrated into the production side, [as is] Show, and Diamond [click to read] is out of town so… He’s not in New York anymore. So everybody is really on their own thing. But me and A is more or less in contact constantly. So, it was bound to happen.

Корреспондент: [Are] the tracks on Oasis comparable to the duo tracks you guys had on The Movement compilation like the more subdued sounding “Time Travel” or moodier vibe of “Energy”?

O.C.: Opposite. Straight opposite. It’s me and A’s attitude, style. It’s just…us, as opposed to him and me doing solo projects. It’s like, we took the solo mindstates and brought ‘em together. It was organic. We just did songs to what beats we felt. It wasn’t something like, “Well, let’s sit down and think, and overthink it.” We just did what we felt. And it’s totally opposite [from] what The Movement [click to read] was. The Movement was really like a compilation

Корреспондент: If it’s opposite, is this more uptempo, or how would you describe the actual sound?
A.G.: Musically, it’s by the same producers so it’s gonna have [the] same type of feel. But it’s different because on the joints I think our message also sets the tone. Like, we are that last instrument. [And] we tried to do that intentionally on the project. It’s a lot of melodies on the project. It’s a lot of things like… We brought the best out of each other I think. Like, O brought the best out of me. I’ve learned at this stage of my game, “Oh, this is how you attack something like that when you wanna attack it with some melody…” ‘Cause I definitely know O specializes in that. So, I think we gained a lot from each other and learned when we go on and do our next project, “Oh, I could add this to my shit. This is somethin’ I learned from my cohort, my partna.” So that’s dope. And a lot of that is reflected in the music, how we feed off of each other. And I think that’s what you might hear separate from The Movement because this is a concentrated effort of O.C. and A.G.…more so than another project because you hear us here and there. This is constantly us. There is no features on there. It’s just us.
Корреспондент: I read that y’all had a song with Bun B and y’all together spittin’ over a J. Dilla beat?
A.G.: Nah [“Make It Fast”] was supposed to be for Dilla’s [Jay Stay Paid] [click to read] album…but it didn’t make the cut on that joint… Because when we actually had the track to start doing it the project was already turned in. So you might hear it [on a future Dilla project]. But anything we can definitely do to ever assist in the career of J. Dilla, we all for that.
Корреспондент: Damn I gotta hear that. Y’all and Bun B together, that’s gotta be ill right there.
A.G.: That’s what’s up. That’s what it is. At this stage of the game, man, we just trying to make music with people that we really respect and know that they’re here for the long haul.
O.C.: Plus Bun B [click to read] is an emcee, man.
A.G.: Yeah, for sure. [He] know what time it is, for sure.
Корреспондент: Now did all of the D.I.T.C. producers – Finesse, Show, Buck, Diamond – contribute tracks for Oasis?
A.G.: When me and O was in the studio it was actually me, O and Show. And [when] we said we wanted to do this project, it was really supposed to be a two week project, [Show] just gonna play some beats, we gonna rip the mic and we gon’ put this out ‘cause me and O wanna be heard together. So it wasn’t any really, really hard reaching out [to other producers]. We speak to Finesse on the regular as well, so Finesse definitely contributed tracks. But as far as [anybody] else, we just got it done really in-house. Show did some tracks [and] Statik Selektah [click to read] came through the studio while we was doing some shit [and so then] he contributed something. But it was nothing really like on that scale, it just turned into [a slightly bigger project] after awhile. So everybody [from Diggin' In The Crates] is not on that project, but it’s not for no particular reason. It’s just we wanted to get this done in the time frame we was doing it.
Корреспондент: Y’all each wanna pick a favorite track from the album for me. Like, tell me your personal favorites on the album.
O.C.: My joints is “God’s Gift” – that’s one of A’s solo joints. Another one is my solo joint, “Contagious.” “Think About It”… I mean, I like the whole album overall but the standouts to me is probably them three…oh, and “Young With Style.”
Корреспондент: “Young With Style,” y’all just saying that you got that forever, or you talking ‘bout the youngn’s in the game…?
A.G.: You gotta listen to the song, can’t give everything away. [Laughs] They need that bit of curiosity like, “How could these dudes make a song about young with style,” So, we gotta leave that door open a little bit. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed. If you love Hip Hop you gonna love this project. Because you gonna hear that it came from our soul. Once anything is done in that fashion, that comes from the heart, you really can’t go wrong. Nothing anyone can tell you about the project can really alter what you trying to feel about it, or what you ultimately feel about it. If they love it, you like, “That’s dope.” If they hate it, you like, “That’s cool too.” It’s at a point where I’m content with what we came out with.
O.C.: Yep. And like you said, it’s one of the two, you either gonna love it or you gonna hate it

Корреспондент: I wanna switch gears and while I got you both here I wanna get a state of the Diggin’ In The Crates crew update for 2009. Like y’all kinda alluded to, everybody seems to be doing their own thing, but are we ever gonna get another full-length album from D.I.T.C. together like the crew album back in 2000?
O.C.: No comment. [Laughs]
A.G.: I don’t know. It’s no real proper way to answer that. It’s definitely possible. Ain’t nobody on a hate relationship. But at the same time, you got planets sometimes that need to keep they own space to exist in the same galaxy. So it’s kinda like that sometimes.
O.C.: It’s like brothers, man, when you comin’ up.
A.G.: It’s like night and day though, the switch could turn on tomorrow and we could say, “Let’s do it.” So I can’t answer that this way or that way, but it’s no bad blood. So that always leaves the door open for whatever.
Корреспондент: So if y’all can’t answer [that] you can’t answer my Fat Joe question then, right [Laughs]?
A.G.: Ask it. We don’t duck nothin’. Ask it, I wanna hear it. I wanna know what you thinkin’ ‘bout.
Корреспондент: It’s just you know, why hasn’t Joe Crack come through and got on a Diggin’ crewmembers project in years?
A.G.: You gotta ask Fat Joe [click to read].
O.C.: He’s been actually reachin’ out…through a record. I mean, I think he kinda inquired about it in a record on “That White” [from Elephant In The Room], just lettin’ people know and shoutin’ us out on it in the beginning of the record… But, I don't know, man. Like, Joe is a businessman, B. You gotta look at what Joe is doin’ and what he’s done, and where he’s at now. Like A said, man, sometimes planets can’t occupy the same space at the moment, but it’s still love.
A.G.: Yeah, for sure. But at the same time – keep it a hundred, so it doesn’t sound like either one of us is avoiding your question – every interview I do, everywhere we go, that question comes up.
O.C.: Yeah, always.
A.G.: So at this point it’s like, you really have to ask him. We didn’t go nowhere. We still here. That’s something that he has to answer. That’s not something that I need to answer.

Корреспондент: Yeah I can respect that. But you can always if you need to get Joell Ortiz to take his spot…
A.G.: [Laughs] Nah, he can’t hold his spot. And that’s no disrespect to Joell Ortiz [click to read] but… Fat Joe is like…he’s iconic in what he does, man. Like, let’s not get nothin’ twisted. This whole Latino/Reggaeton movement, all that, anything you wanna describe on that level really came in on his back. Like, I was there seeing him do the promotion for Big Pun. And everybody knew Big Pun’s name before they even saw or heard this dude. And that’s really from Joe bein’ a graffiti artist and knowin’, “I gotta get his name in places that people are gon’ go, ‘How the fuck that got there?’” He did that. So, when you got Big Pun, the first Latin dude of this era to go platinum, and then the Reggaeton movement to come in on the back of that and N.O.R.E. [click to read] and Pun doin’ joints and the whole Latino spirit is brought back [to Hip Hop], that’s all dedicated to Joe. So, Joell Ortiz got [big] shoes to fill. But no disrespect to him, because he’s also nice, and I like how he brings...like he’s cut from the same cloth [as] we are, with that old school flavor and he can get lyrical. So, it’s no shots to nobody. But at the same time, Joe has put a lot of work in. He’s one artist that I can say in this era that I actually like every album he’s made. He’s very consistent. So give him a little bit more credit than what you givin’ him.
Корреспондент: Well the only reason I brought up Joell is ‘cause he was on that “Air Yall” track from The Movement. I was just trying to see if maybe he was…
A.G.: [Interrupts] Yeah, he’s like extended family, so it’s all love. But I don’t wanna sit here like I’m… That’s not real to me. I recognize what Fat Joe has done to this game. And I can’t overlook that regardless of what. And, we have no gripes. To answer these questions is like making a gripe exist. But at the same time, every time they ask [about Joe] I know it’s a question people wanna hear. And I wouldn’t do the interview if I couldn’t answer you and tell the people what they wanted to hear. [But] I think he could tell people more so than us

Корреспондент: Wanna switch gears here…As y’all know, February ’09 marked the 10 year anniversary of Big L’s passing. But even though it’s been a few months since then, I still wanted to get your guys’ thoughts on L’s legacy – why younger fans who weren’t into the music yet when L was rippin’ shit in the ‘90s should view Big L as one of the greatest emcees in Hip Hop history?
O.C.: They not doin’ the knowledge to a lot of cats, whether dead or alive… But, to talk about Big L, bein’ around him, this dude was a… I can honestly say from my perspective, him and Fat Joe were stars off-the-rip. I seen Big L surpass him with what he was doin’ with the whole freestylin’ and battlin’. These dudes had somethin’ extra. Not to say we didn’t, but they had somethin’ extra. And, [to] me, I think a lot of people probably [know] more about Big L now, a lot of the kids, then they did when he was alive. And that’s just my perspective on things. When I look at blogs and stuff, his name always comes up in the top five, top 10. He did somethin’ right for people to still be talkin’ about him, in this day and age. It’s another generation.
A.G.: I think if you could bottle up his energy and sell it you could get rich, because that’s just what he [brought] to the table. He was gonna bring [energy], and he [was] a very, very creative person. Not just a rapper, but a creative mind in itself. And sometimes those type of… I think comin’ from Harlem also added a lot to his nature because win, lose or draw his head was always high. And he always knew like, “Yo, I’m nice.” Even when it was times like… What I wanted to add on too – not even to change the subject – was like, as far as Diggin’, I think we all were stars at one point or another. It’s just, the industry itself… Like, me, O.C., Diamond D, we all were on like basically new labels when we came out with our music. And a lot of these companies didn’t know how to market us, but we knew how to market ourselves. And this was a time where a lot of us were very independent. And if you look back on it, maybe we shoulda stayed independent, because we knew how to attract our audience better than the labels. So when you go like that, and the success that we’ve all reached, I believe that if that was in a correct situation – a little bit more mature on the artist part, but a lot more knowledge on the record label’s part – I think we’d be telling a whole different story right now. As far as production, we are trendsetters. We created a whole sound that real producers to this day marvel at and be like, “I wonder how he looped that,” or, “I wonder how he chopped that.” It wasn’t just take a loop and rhyme on it. So we brought a whole different thing to the game. We didn’t just make chorus-friendly songs. We were actually rhymin’ lyrically on songs - forget [about] 8-bars. We broke the mold, so to say, to make it even more acceptable [to rhyme like that]. But we were all on brand new labels. Payday, [Show & A.G.] were the first artists on Payday Records. I mean, Jay-Z was on Payday Records [for the single, “In My Lifetime” in ‘95] when we were [already] big dogs. So it was a different time… Finesse was on Wild Pitch, and they never figured out what they was doin’, so… Imagine these artists on a Def Jam, or on a Loud Records when they were established at their high point, the impact we made now if you compare it to that. And I’m not just trying to talk about what was, or what we coulda been, I’m just tryin’ to put things into real perspective.

Hip-Hop Точка переехала на место G2-046: http://vkontakte.ru/club10615903

Ср сен 30, 2009 1:24 pm
F.W.M.43

Сообщение Re: O.C. & A.G. (of D.I.T.C.) - Oasis
Ну кто, если не они...

Ср сен 30, 2009 2:46 pm
White Smoke Community

Сообщение Re: O.C. & A.G. (of D.I.T.C.) - Oasis
Чудок рассказывают о новом альбоме:

Треклист:
1 Oasis - Produced By Statik Selektah
2 Keep It Going - Produced By E Blaze